Russian president moves to promote interfaith dialogue

  • David-Constantine Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2009
      Russian president moves to promote interfaith dialogue

      Moscow (ENI). Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has in recent weeks spoken several times of the importance of interreligious dialogue and stated that his country offers a unique example in that sphere. "As the head of a country with many religions, I have visited many different places of worship, Orthodox churches, mosques, and now I have the opportunity of visiting this place that is sacred to all of Russia's Buddhists," Medvedev said at Buryatia on 24 August, visiting eastern Siberia's Ivolginsky Datsan Buddhist monastery, near Lake Baikal. [589 words, ENI-09-0706]

      Forwarded by Rd. DC
      | Reader David-Constantine Wright |
      | http://constans_wright.tripod.com |
      | "God became Human so that human beings could become gods." |
      | ---- St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation* |