Metr Volodymyr UOC-MP Sts Florus & Laurus Convent on Feast Day

  • petro_melnyk
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2009
      KYIV. His Beatitude Metropolitan Volodymyr Celebrated Divine Liturgy in Holy Ascension Sts Florus and Laurus Convent of Kyiv

      On August 31, the commemoration day of Sts. Florus and Laurus, the Primate of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church His Beatitude Metropolitan Volodymyr visited the Holy Ascension St Florus Convent of Kyiv, where he celebrated the Divine Liturgy in the main church of the monastery.

      Concelebrating with His Beatitude were Secretary for the Primate of the UOC Bishop Alexander of Pereyaslav-Khmelnytskyi, Secretary of the Kyiv Metropolis archpriest Vitaly Kosovskyi and the brethren clergy.

      In the course of the Divine Liturgy His Beatitude conferred on the abbess of the convent, hegumeness Anthonia (Filkina) the order of "450 years of translation of the Wonderworking Pochayiv Icon of the Mother of God to Volyn". Greeting Mother Hegumeness, His Beatitude wished her the intercession and help of the Pure Virgin in bearing her obedience as head of the Sts Florus Convent, which is a good example for the nuns and believers.

      After the Liturgy the Archpastor conducted the thanksgiving prayer service and raised his archpastoral prayers to the holy martyrs Florus and Laurus, following which he greeted the faithful on the feast:

      "Today we commemorate the holy martyrs Florus and Laurus - the heavenly patrons of this abode, and are happy that the Lord brought us together in this holy place to raise our prayers of gratitude and praise to the Lord, to raise our prayer that the Savior was merciful to us forever and sent us his grace both in this temporary life and the future one", noted His Beatitude.

      Finally, the Primate blessed the nuns and the faithful with the icons of the Mother of God of Pochayiv.

      http://orthodox.org.ua/eng/node/836