Wrong Body Sent to Greek Church For Funeral

  • Al Green
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 6:18 AM
      http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25873931-661,00.html

      Victoria Funerals sends wrong body to funeral

      By Grant McArthur

      August 03, 2009 10:30am

      UPDATE 10.50am: A MELBOURNE woman is furious after a funeral parlour sent the wrong body to a church service for her dead aunt.

      Anna told Radio 3AW this morning that she noticed the wrong body in the coffin at the Thornbury Greek Orthodox Church, where it was sent for a viewing last Wednesday.

      Anna was extremely distressed by the incident and is still fuming with Victoria Funerals in Brunswick over the mix-up. She said an apology from the parlour was not good enough.

      The parlour says it is horrified by the terrible mix-up and has offered to waive the $6000 funeral fee as compensation.

      Today the family's mourning continues amid trying to deal with the embarassing switch.

      And another family’s grief has also been disrupted after Anna’s dead aunt turned up at another service in Melbourne’s west.

      "I feel very badly for them. We know she ended up in Footscray, and she was there for 15 minutes before the family realised they had the wrong body too," Anna said.