Supplications for Extraordinary NY/NJ Diocesan Assembly

  • Nina_Dimas_42
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2009
      MEMORANDUM:

      TO THE CLERGY OF THE DIOCESE OF NEW YORK AND NEW JERSEY ORTHODOX CHURCH IN AMERICA

      FROM: DIOCESAN CHANCELLOR

      SUBJECT: SUPPLICATIONS IN PREPARATION FOR THE EXTRAORDINARY DIOCESAN ASSEMBLY

      Martyr Callinicus of Gangra in Asia Minor

      Dear Very Reverend and Reverend Fathers,

      Glory to Jesus Christ!

      In prayerful preparation for the upcoming Extraordinary Diocesan Assembly on August 31st, the following petitions are to be included at the Divine Liturgy (Sundays: August 2, 9, 16, 23, 30) during the Litany of Fervent Supplication, immediately following the commemoration of His Beatitude and prior to the commemoration of civil authorities.

      ------------------------------------------------------------------That the Lord our God will bestow upon us the gifts of discernment and wisdom; that with faith, hope, and love we may be guided in nominating and electing a true and faithful shepherd to be the Bishop of our Diocese, fulfilling His will unto the good estate of Christ's Holy Church.

      That our all-merciful and loving God will bless, enlighten, and inspire the members of the Diocesan Search Committee, our Diocesan Council, and the parish delegates to the forthcoming Extraordinary Diocesan Assembly; that a true and faithful shepherd may be nominated and elected to be the Bishop of our Diocese, fulfilling His will unto the good estate of Christ's Holy Church.

      That our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ, will bestow upon us a spirit of humility, a spirit of mutual love, and all of the grace sufficient in the nomination and election of a true and faithful shepherd as our Bishop; that, in due time, we may with thanksgiving to God -- with one mind and one heart -- rejoice in singing "Axios," joyously assembling around our hierarch: the Bishop of New York and New Jersey.

      Your brother in our Lord, Jesus Christ,

      Fr. Joseph Lickwar
      Archpriest, Diocesan Chancellor