Orthodox Christian Updates July-2009

  • georgy12345
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      Orthodox Christian Updates

      News
      http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/

      Also Read A Variety of Articles

      An Interview With the Canterbury Archbishop-At Ecumenical Patriarchate

      Wealth and Poverty in Christian Tradition

      Request for a Theological Institute in Indonesia

      Orthodox in Australia taking over abandoned Catholic, Protestant and Anglican Churches

      Many More..
      http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/articles/

      Regards
      George Alex
      Chief Coordinator- Dept of Public Relations
      Orthodoxy Beyond Limits Forum
      South India
      www.theorthodoxchurch.info
    • Philosoph Uhlman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
        ADDIS ABABA, June 30 (Reuters) – The head of Ethiopia’s
        Orthodox Church on Tuesday denied reports that he is about to
        unveil to the world the Ark of the Covenant that Moses is said
        to have stored the Ten Commandments tablets in.
        Patriarch Abune Paulos said Italian media had incorrectly
        reported that he would place the Ark in a museum in the
        country’s north.

        Legend has it that the box-shaped Ark has been hidden from
        sight in Ethiopia since 642 BC.
        “I am deeply disappointed that the Italian media misquoted
        me and disseminated false information about me unveiling the Ark
        of the Covenant to the world,” he said at a news conference.
        “It is a fabrication, disinformation.”

        Some Ethiopians believe that Prince Menelik I — who is said
        to be the result of a union between Israel’s King Solomon and
        the Ethiopia Queen of Sheba — took the Ark from Jerusalem to
        Ethiopia while he was in power around 950 BC.

        “I would like to confirm once again that the Ark of the
        Covenant and the sacred tablets containing the Ten Commandments
        that God delivered to Moses are in Ethiopia,” Abune added.
        Replicas of the Ark are in more than 50,000 Orthodox
        churches in the Horn of Africa country, the church says.
        The Ethiopian Orthodox Church says it keeps the Ark in a
        holy shrine in the north of the country. Only a small number of
        priests can even go near the room where it is said to be kept.
        TBN host claims Israel commandos took the Ark.