2009 Annual New Skete Pilgrimage

  • samsonw2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2009
      June 30, 2009

      Dear friends of New Skete,

      We would like to invite you to our Annual Pilgrimage, Saturday, August
      8th , 2009. Our theme this year is Jesus: The Heart of Renewal. We are
      excited to have as a principal guest speaker Dr. Peter Bouteneff of St.
      Vladimir's Theological Seminary who will bring a theological perspective
      to the theme, followed by our Sr. Rebecca who, using the lens of
      iconography will look at the image of Christ in the world. The day falls
      within the octave of the Transfiguration Feast and so our Matins and
      Divine Liturgy and Saturday evening Vigil will include the festive hymns
      of the Transfiguration Feast. A Healing Service at 4:15 pm will precede
      Vigil.

      A flier with additional details about the day's events and activities
      can be downloaded here:
      http://tinyurl.com/kugdda <http://tinyurl.com/kugdda>

      A food court, a dog training demonstration, a guided hike in the woods
      with a Forest Ranger as well as church tours, exhibits, beautiful
      meditation gardens and gift shops are all available to our guests and
      visitors.

      All are welcome and we encourage your family and friends to join us for
      this festive day of celebration.

      God's blessings on all of you and we hope to see you on August 8th .
      Yours in Christ's love,

      Brother Luke, Prior, Monks of New Skete
      Sister Cecelia, Prioress, Nuns of New Skete
      Sister Melanie Prioress, Companions of New Skete