Bulgarian Christian Orthodox Honor Cherry All Souls' Day

  • Coptreal Coptreal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2009

      http://feeds2.feedburner.com/coptreal/rssen

      http://www.coptreal.com/DefaultEn.aspx

      Orthodox Patriarch Urges Defense of Planet

      ISTANBUL, Turkey, JUNE 5, 2009 (Zenit.org).- No one is exempt from the "indisputable obligation" to protect the planet, says the ecumenical patriarch of Constantinople Bartholomew I affirmed that climate change is the biggest threat for all types of life on earth in a message for today's World Environment Day, sponsored by the United Nations Environment Program.  more....

      http://www.coptreal.com/ShowSubjectEn.aspx?SID=20595

      Church lawsuit in court

      A three-week trial is underway in Vancouver that will determine who gets the keys to St. Matthew’s Anglican Church in Abbotsford – the Diocese of New Westminster, or the local congregation.In February 2008 the church voted – by a majority of 186 to four – to break away from the Anglican Church of Canada over the issue of same-sex blessings.  more....

      http://www.coptreal.com/ShowSubjectEn.aspx?SID=20594

      Greek Orthodox faithful to dedicate new church

      "We praise God for this historic event in the life of our parish and community," said the Very Rev. Constantine S. Bebis, pastor of the congregation for the past 55 years. "It is the realization of a dream to build and erect this new church with modern, convenient and accessible facilities and a religious, cultural and educational center to maintain our Orthodox faith and heritage."  more....

      http://www.coptreal.com/ShowSubjectEn.aspx?SID=20610

      Bulgarian Christian Orthodox Honor Cherry All Souls' Day

      All Souls' Day is also known as the Feast of All Souls, Commemoration of all the Faithful Departed. The Eastern Orthodox Church dedicates several days throughout the year to the dead, mostly on Saturdays, because of Jesus' resting in the tomb on Saturday with the All Souls' Day before Pentecost having a special significance.  more....

      http://www.coptreal.com/ShowSubjectEn.aspx?SID=20607

      Lectures hosted by Oklahoma City’s Orthodox church promote ancient faith

      Oklahoma City’s Orthodox church community has been chosen to host a pilot series of informational lectures about the Orthodox church. The lectures will be June 19-20 at St. Elijah Antiochian Orthodox Christian Church, 15000 N May.   more....

      http://www.coptreal.com/ShowSubjectEn.aspx?SID=20609