Katinas Funeral Was Private Affair

  • Melanie Jula Sakoda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2009
      Article: Katinas Funeral Was Private Affair

      Author: Pokrov.org

      Date Published: 6/5/2009

      Publication: Pokrov.org

      Link: http://pokrov.org/display.asp?ds=Article&id=1024

      The family of the former priest Nicholas Katinas elected to hold a private funeral. After being told that Trisagion would be tonight at 7PM, with the Funeral at 11AM on Saturday, parishioners at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Dallas received the following email earlier today:

      "Dear Friends,

      We have decided to hold a private funeral service for our father. We request that anyone wishing to honor our father's memory do so by attending the Saturday of the Souls Divine Liturgy scheduled for Saturday, June 6, at 9:30 a.m. at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Dallas.

      We are so very grateful to all of you for your prayers and for your expressions of love and support.

      With love in Christ,

      The Katinas Family

      From the staff of Holy Trinity - Because the family held the funeral privately, there will be no Trisagion tonight or public funeral service on Saturday as previously announced."