Ecological destruction is 'sacrilegious' says Orthodox church leader

  • David-Constantine Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2009
      Ecological destruction is 'sacrilegious' says Orthodox church leader

      Geneva (ENI). Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomeos I, seen by many of the world's Orthodox Christians as their spiritual leader, has called the destruction of the environment a "sacrilegious and sinful" act. "The ecological crisis, and particularly the reality of climate change, constitutes the greatest threat for every form of life in our world," Bartholomeos said in a statement issued to mark World Environment Day on 5 June. [367 words, ENI-09-0449]
      Forwarded by Rd. DC

      | Reader David-Constantine Wright |
      | http://constans_wright.tripod.com |
      | "God became Human so that human beings could become gods." |
      | ---- St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation* |