Patriarch Kyrill calls for eliminating crude behavior from parishes

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2009
      http://portal-credo.ru/site/print.php?act=news&id=70971

      Patriarch Kyrill calls for eliminating crude behavior from parishes

      Patriarch Kyrill called for eliminating crude behavior, which sometimes takes place in the parishes of the Russian Orthodox Church, and deters people from Orthodoxy, reports Interfax-Religion.

      "I've spoken with people who had completely lost their faith,  because upon entering the church for the first time, they encountered brutality, anger, irritability," - said Patriarch Kyrill on June 3 when presenting diplomas to graduates of the Sretensky Theological Seminary in Moscow.

      According to the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church, the blame for the rudeness and lack of civility of church staff often rests with the priest, who is unable to live in such a way as to be an example for others. "

      "Personal example - this is something without which the priest can not carry out his service", - underscored the Patriarch.

      In our time, "when people no longer believe in spoken words, the life of the priest must be a constant sermon by its acts", - believes the head of the Moscow Patriarchate.