CHRISTIAN REPRESENTATIVES OF POLITICAL COALITIONS VISIT ANTELIAS

  • Rev Fr John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2009
      http://groong.usc.edu/news/msg260308.html

      CHRISTIAN REPRESENTATIVES OF POLITICAL COALITIONS VISIT ANTELIAS
      TO EXPRESS THEIR OUTRAGE AT THE ANTI-CHRISTIAN SATIRE ON ISRAELI TELEVISION

      On Monday 2 March 2009, Christian representatives of the main political
      coalitions in Lebanon, visited His Holiness Aram I to express their outrage
      against the anti-Christian satire attacking Virgin Mary and Jesus, on a
      private television channel in Israel.

      After condemning the anti-Christian comments made on the Israeli television,

      Aram I said that respect for religious values is primordial to any
      interfaith dialogue. He then informed his guests that he had already asked
      the General Secretariat of the Middle East Council of Churches to publicly
      condemn this irresponsible act.

      The visit also provided the opportunity for the representatives to discuss
      the situation in the country prior to forthcoming parliamentary elections.
      His Holiness Aram I encouraged the representatives to organize their
      campaigns around issues that unite the Lebanese people.

      ##
      View the photo here:
      http://www.armenianorthodoxchurch.org/v04/doc/Photos/Photos362.htm
      *****
      PRESS RELEASE
      Catholicosate of Cilicia
      Communication and Information Department
      Contact: V.Rev.Fr.Krikor Chiftjian, Communications Officer
      Tel: (04) 410001, 410003
      Fax: (04) 419724
      E- mail: info@...
      Web: http://www.armenianorthodoxchurch.org/

      PO Box 70 317
      Antelias-Lebanon

      Armenian version: http://www.armenianorthodoxchurch.org/v04/doc/Armenian.htm

      The Armenian Catholicosate of Cilicia is one of the two Catholicosates of
      the Armenian Orthodox Church. For detailed information about the history and

      the mission of the Cilician Catholicosate, you may refer to the web page of
      the Catholicosate, http://www.armenianorthodoxchurch.org
      <http://www.armenianorthodoxchurch.org/> The Cilician
      Catholicosate, the administrative center of the church is located in
      Antelias, Lebanon.