Orthodox missionary receives a present from Uriah Heep

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009

      02 March 2009, 15:59
      A well-known Orthodox missionary receives a present from Uriah Heep
      on Forgiveness Sunday

      Moscow, March 2, Interfax - Hegumen Sergy (Rybko) well known for his
      preaching among nonconformist young people received a parcel from
      Uriah Heep last Sunday.

      "I was really happy and touched to receive it. They sent me their
      four discs, including the latest one, and their photos with
      autographs," Hegumen Sergy, the rector of the Moscow church of the
      Descent of the Holy Spirit at the former Lazarevskoye cemetery and
      the Church of All Moscow Saints located in Bibirevo district, said to
      Interfax-Religion.

      According to Fr. Sergy, one of his friends wrote a letter to the
      members of the legendary group asking them whether they were going to
      visit Moscow soon and telling them about Hegumen's missionary work.

      "They answered that the group planned no tour to Russia in 2009,
      however, if they visited Moscow any other time, they would be glad to
      meet us and may be give us an opportunity to address people with a
      message," Fr. Sergy said.

      Hegumen Sergy also mentioned that last year, one of the group's
      members had spent a week living by the church headed by Fr. Sergy's
      friend in Donetsk.