KOSTUROS, Reverend Father Anthony

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2004
      2004.06.02 SF Chronicle:

      KOSTUROS, Reverend Father Anthony
       -
       Wednesday, June 2, 2004

      KOSTUROS, Reverend Father Anthony - In San Francisco, June 1, 2004. Beloved husband for 55 years of Mary Kosturos; loving father of Nicholas, Elaine, James, Theodore and Paul Kosturos, Paula Tzoumbas and Marina Kosturos; dearest brother of George and John Kosturos; loving Papou of Mariana, Cassandra, Nicholas, Paulina, Anthony, George, Tiffany, Niko and Mariah; loving father-in-law of Christine, Katherina, Eleni and Dena Kosturos and Louie Tzoumbas. Father was born July 11, 1925 in his native San Francisco. A graduate of Sacred Heart High School and Brookline Theological Seminary in Brookline, MA. Prior to his ordination, he met his beloved Presvytera, Mary, and they were married in Lowell, MA in 1948. He was ordained into the priesthood in 1948. Father began serving the Greek Orthodox Community at St. Sophia Cathedral in Los Angeles. He returned to his native San Francisco in 1955 where he completed his priesthood having served at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church for 49 years. Father Anthony once said, "Being a priest feels as natural as breathing.... I make no distinction between my priesthood and my manhood." Friends may visit Thursday after 6:00pm at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 999 Brotherhood Way, SF, where a Trisagion Service will be held at 7:00pm. An all night Vigil will follow at the Church. A Funeral Service will be celebrated Friday, 11:00am at Holy Trinity. Interment Greek Orthodox Cemetery. All donations to Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church Building Fund, 999 Brotherhood Way, San Francisco, CA 94132 preferred. The family is thankful for all the support, love, kindness and respect expressed by his parishioners throughout his 55 years as a priest. DUGGAN'S SERRA MORTUARY
      650/756-4500 415/587-4500 duggansserra.com

       Page Z - 99

      ©2004 San Francisco Chronicle