Russian Church urges to help others in spite of financial crisis

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2008

      05 November 2008, 16:48
      The Russian Church urges to help others in spite of financial crisis

      Moscow, November 5, Interfax – The Russian
      Orthodox Church urges to help others even under financial crisis.

      “Though the crisis hasn’t affected ordinary
      citizens yet, we all should be ready to consider
      how much we are ready to spend on ourselves and
      what to allocate for good deeds,” Deputy Head of
      the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External
      Church Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin said
      at a press-conference in Moscow.

      He believes, that all citizens regardless of
      their income should save some money for the “work
      of God” to help those in need.

      The priest thinks it is necessary to remember
      that all funds given to help other people always return to the donator.

      The Moscow Patriarchate representative also urges
      to remember that stable economy is impossible
      when “money is made without any connection with
      real work, goods and services.” Fr. Vsevolod
      believes the world economy turns in “a huge
      financial pyramid” that can collapse anytime.