Russian Orthodox Church welcomes Obama

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2008
      http://www.interfax-religion.com/print.php?act=news&id=5336

      2008-11-05 13:41:00
      Russian Orthodox Church welcomes Obama

      Moscow, November 5, Interfax – The Russian
      Orthodox Church hopes Russia and the USA led by
      the newly elected President Barak Obama will
      manage to build honest and mutually respectful relations.

      "I’d like to congratulate Barak Obama on his
      victory and express hope that our country and our
      Church will make a good dialogue with American
      administration and our approach to life - both of
      our country and the entire world – will be heard
      and enjoy the deserved attention," Deputy Head of
      the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External
      Church Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin said
      at a press conference in Moscow.

      "I hope that new USA leadership will conduct a
      dialogue with nation of our country and other
      nations constituting the flock of the Russian
      Orthodox Church and will listen to their opinion," the priest went on to say.

      He finds it joyful that the newly elected
      American President states he is a Christian
      believer and hopes that future Obama’s policy
      "will correspond to the traditional Christian values."