20258Patriarch Kirill is concerned w/attempts to legally estroy human morality

    Jul 21, 2014
       21 July 2014, 13:32

      Patriarch Kirill is concerned with attempts to legally destroy human morality

      Moscow, July 21, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia believes it necessary not to allow undermining foundations of public morality.

      "Today we live in the world when, unfortunately, for the first time in history of human civilization steps to legally destroy moral foundation of human life are taken," he said last Friday at the meeting held among representatives of Orthodox Churches and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

      According to the patriarch, Russia and other Orthodox countries do not share this tendency.

      "We oppose it as we realize crucial meaning of moral foundation in life of a person and human civilization. If this foundation is destroyed, human world will also be destroyed," the primate of the Russian Church is sure.

      In his turn, head of the delegation of the Jerusalem Orthodox Church Metropolitan Timotheos of Botsra (Patriarch Kirill said he was his disciple in the Leningrad Theological Academy) stressed that Russia has always been considered a protector of holy places and Christians of the Middle East in the Holy Land.

      "Today, these hopes are a reality, Russia in person of the President and the Patriarch of the Russian Church support the Jerusalem Patriarchate. We have recently received great help in restoration of the ancient historical church of the Nativity of Christ. There, we will always pray for Russia to strengthen," the metropolitan said.

      According to him, people in the region look at Russia as "the protector of moral foundations," and are especially thankful to its state leaders.

      Patriarch Kirill, according to the hierarch of the Jerusalem Patriarchate, understands the problems of all world's Orthodox Churches and extend them help.

      Head of the delegation of the Antioch Patriarchate Metropolitan Elias of Tyre and Sidon expressed gratitude to Russian leaders and hierarchs. According to him, the Russian President cares for the peace in Palestine, Syria, Iraq, and Iran - in the whole Middle East."

      He rejoices that the Orthodox believer heads Russia, stressing that "the most important for Orthodox faith are spiritual values in life."

      Interfax-Religion
      Moscow, July 21, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia believes it necessary not to allow undermining foundations of public morality.
      Preview by Yahoo