20245speakers UOC MP and UOC-KP declared their readiness to develop a dialogue

    Jul 18, 2014

      На совместной пресс-конференции спикеры УПЦ МП и УПЦ КП о - Портал-Credo.Ru

      Official representatives of the UOC-MP, Archpriest Georgy Kovalenko and UPTsKP Archbishop of Chernigov and Nezhinskii Yevstratiy (Zorya) held July 18 in Kiev a joint press conference at which they stressed the need for a unified local Church of Ukraine.
       RISU cites Archbishop Eustraty's statement, delivered at a meeting with reporters: "We are ready to negotiate even tomorrow, but we understand that our brothers are in a much more complicated situation. The answer to this question is given to us by modernity. Did we allow ​​an attack on Russia by Ukraine a year ago? Or that the ex-President Yanukovych would be hiding in Rostov? if today's newsline were read a year ago, it would have seemed unbelievable. "  In response, the representative of the UOC MP recalled that "all is the will of God" and not only important condition for the further unification of the Churches.
      "
       "All things are possible through God. Importantly, this is not only externally but also internally," - said Fr. George. He made it clear that the resolution of the question of unity of Ukrainian Orthodoxy is somehow connected with the upcoming Pan-Orthodox Council in Constantinople.