19173Kuraev and patriarch agree on gay marriage

    Jan 30, 2014
      http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/1401l.html#63

      Kuraev and patriarch agree on gay marriage

      ARCHDEACON KURAEV THINKS GAYS' DESIRE TO CALL THEIR UNION A FAMILY ABSURD

      He suggests they use "Orc language" for this

      Interfax-Religiia, 29 January 2014

      Sexual minorities should not privatize the concept of "family" but find
      a different word to designate their unions, Archdeacon Andrei Kuraev
      thinks. "Why are these advocates for a homosexual alternative lifestyle
      trying to distort our language? Why are they eager to turn the meaning
      of the word 'family' inside out? Is it really impossible to leave their
      traditional meanings for the words 'marriage' and 'family' as the union
      of a man and a woman, whose supreme meaning is in the birth of new
      life?" the archdeacon writes in his blog.

      "Would we call a football team the Academy of Sciences and a symphony
      orchestra a task force of the Ministry of Emergency Situations?
      Homosexuals want to call their unions by some term; let them think it up
      themselves. We can point them to some word from the ancient language of
      the Orcs," the blogger suggested.

      The author thinks that the law reserves the right to adopt children
      exclusively for families "and how homosexuals inherit their slimy
      property for one another hardly concerns us."

      Yesterday Patriarch of Moscow and all-Rus Kirill, speaking in the
      Federation Council during his first visit for all time in the upper
      chamber of parliament, called for halting on the governmental level
      attempts to change Russian legislation that recognizes marriage as a
      union of a man and a woman. "In response to the wide spread
      international discussion on this matter, we decisively declare that
      marriage is a union of a man and a woman, based on love and mutual
      understanding, for the procreation of children," the patriarch said to
      applause from the audience. (tr. by PDS, posted 29 January 2014)