18462Religious fathers call for more dev’t effor ts

    Sep 10, 2013

      Religious fathers call for more dev’t efforts

      Addis Ababa, September 10/2013 (WIC) –Ethiopian religious fathers have
      called on all Ethiopians to take active part in the ongoing national
      development activities.
      The religious fathers wished the upcoming 2006 Ethiopian New Year to be
      a year of peace, happiness and prosperity for all Ethiopians.

      The religious fathers, while conveying New Year best wish to the people,
      said that Ethiopians have the responsibility to assist nation’s
      development efforts in the New Year as well.

      “We should renew our commitment to make all the development activities
      underway in the country a success in the New Year,” the religious
      fathers said.
      The religious fathers also urged all Ethiopians to preserve their long
      history of religious respect and tolerance as well as strengthen their
      Patriarch of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahdo Church, Abune Mathias,
      called on all Ethiopians to work hard in the New Year to extricate the
      country from poverty.
      “We should strengthen our unity in the new year to advance the economic
      growth of our country,” President of the Ethiopian Islamic Affairs
      Supreme Council, Sheikh Kiyar Mohammed Aman, said

      Archbishop of the Ethiopian Catholic Church, Abune Berhaneyesus Surafe,
      on his part said Ethiopians need to create wealth by working hard in
      their country of origin. He also called on the community to team up
      efforts to fight against human trafficking.

      President of the Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus, Reverend Dr.
      Waksiyum Edossa on his part called on Ethiopians to maintain the culture
      of sharing with poor and orphans in the new year as well.