18461Eastern Catholic and Orthodox churches to join in prayer Sept. 18 at 7 p.m. for Eastern Christians in the Middle East

    Sep 10, 2013
      http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2013/sep/09/eastern-catholic-and-orthodox-churches-to-join-in-/?partner=RSS

      Eastern Catholic and Orthodox churches to join in prayer Sept. 18 at 7
      p.m. for Eastern Christians in the Middle East

      frmikefortpierce#520123
      Posted September 9, 2013 at 3:14 p.m., updated September 9, 2013 at 3:14 p.m

      FORT PIERCE — Fr. Michael Sopoliga, pastor of SS Cyril & Methodius
      Byzantine Catholic Church, 1002 Bahama Ave., Fort Pierce, FL, has
      invited Fr. Ernesto Rios of St. James Russian Orthodox Church in Port
      St. Lucie, and Fr. Constantine Xanthakis of St. James Greek Orthodox
      Church in Fort Pierce, along with their parishioners, to join in
      celebrating the Moleben (prayer-in-song) to the Most Precious and
      Life-giving Cross, on Wednesday, Sept. 18, beginning at 7 p.m. in
      solidarity for the persecuted Eastern Christians in the Middle East.

      Fr. Sopoliga commented: ”Our three churches have direct spiritual roots
      to all Eastern Christians being persecuted in the Middle East, and we
      all share a common bond of faith. It is fitting that we should come
      together to show both unity and solidarity in prayer for our brothers
      and sisters in Christ."

      Fr. Sopoliga concluded: "I, along with my parishioners, look forward to
      attending these special services in Fr. Ernesto and Fr. Constantine's
      churches in the near future."

      All are welcome. For more information, please call the church at
      772-595-1021.

      This story is contributed by a member of the Treasure Coast community
      and is neither endorsed nor affiliated with TCPalm.com