18131Dalian graves (September 1, 1913.)

  • Nelson Mitrophan Chin
    Jun 29, 2013
      http://orthodox.cn/localchurch/liaoning/dalian/19130901iskryPg268-269_en.htm

      Originally published in Russian by «Iskry» No 34, Sunday, September 1, 1913. Pg. 268-269 (spread)

      English translation by Liubov Afonina

      Dalian graves

      As we know, thanks to recent work of the Japanese, five bodies of officers including the remains of Admiral Molas were recovered from the cabin of the battleship "Petropavlovsk", that lie 20 fathoms deep. The burial of the ashes of the officers was held at Port Arthur on June 24 in the presence of Vice-Admiral Yakovlev, the commander of "Petropavlovsk" during the time of its wreck. The Vice-Admiral was rescued together with other 7 officers and 70 inferiors. At that time more than 700 sailors and 30 officers died. On his way back from Port Arthur, Vice-Admiral Yakovlev came around to many places where our heroes who died during Russian-Japanese war were buried, and after returning back to St. Petersburg made a detailed report.