17932Metropolitan Vladimir pleads that Mayor Dorin Chirtoaca does not authorize gay pride

    May 18, 2013
      http://mitropolia.md/en/metropolitan-vladimir-pleads-that-mayor-dorin-chirtoaca-does-not-authorize-gay-pride/

      Tuesday, 14 May, 2013
      Metropolitan Vladimir pleads that Mayor Dorin Chirtoaca does not
      authorize gay pride

      His Eminence Metropolitan Vladimir addressed a message to General Mayor
      of Chisinau, Mr. Dorin Chirtoaca, pleading that the authorities do not
      allow the organization of a gay pride planned for the 19th of May.

      It is mentioned in the message: “The Metropolis of Chisinau and All
      Moldova continues to believe that this is a defying initiative,
      conflicting with moral values and decency. At the same time, a potential
      march of sexual minorities on the streets of Chisinau will be nothing
      else but a strong provocation with severe consequences, taking into
      account general repulsion of the population towards the deviant behavior
      of homosexuals and lesbians.

      Besides, tomorrow, on the 15th of May, the International Family Day will
      be celebrated, a holiday with strong symbolic message that will mark
      this week with numerous topical events. In this environment, a gay pride
      is far irrelevant, at least from the perspective of common sense.

      Moreover, on the 19th of May, the Orthodox Church commemorates the
      Myrrh-Bearing Women, an event that we consider has a indisputable moral
      and spiritual priority that cannot and should not be profaned by a
      minority (trifling we should say) group whose visions and desires are
      far from Christian morality.”

      Thus, the Metropolitan addressed to the Mayor of Chisinau:

      “Mr. Dorin Chirtoaca,

      The Metropolis of Chisinau and All Moldova excludes from start the
      promotion of any messages inciting hatred, supporting any extremist
      groups or initiatives, and firmly believes in the supremacy of law and
      human dignity, in the virtue of which believes that You also, as the
      Mayor of the Capital, will not accept that our city, representative for
      the whole country, comes to witness infamous events that go beyond any
      critic. We hope that You will prove once again civic initiative and
      spirit, and will not allow any gay pride particularly, or any other
      blameworthy events generally. CHRIST IS RISEN!”