17710Church official: "bring funds back to Russia"

    Apr 3, 2013
      http://www.interfax-religion.com/print.php?act=news&id=10370

      2013-04-03 10:05:00
      Church official recommends elite to bring their
      funds back to Russia
      Moscow, April 3, Interfax - The Russian church official urges
      Russian elite to realize their responsibility before nation and make their
      capitals work for the welfare of the Russian economic system.

      "Our elite
      has to consider attentively the signs of time and think whether it is time to
      change, to restore their connections with people and make them feel that you can
      be useful," head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations
      Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin writes in the latest edition of the Rus
      Derzhavnaya Orthodox paper.

      He noted that today countries of the
      Western Europe face a crisis and those who were sure that "they will manage to
      keep money, spend their old days and safely earn at the seemingly calm West
      suddenly see that everything is not that easy."

      "It is probable that
      confiscation of some major fortunes in Cyprus is only beginning of the feast
      celebrated by the left idea in its worst meaning that finally comes up to a
      slogan "take away and divide," the author writes.

      The priest also touched
      upon "the tragic destiny of the former oligarch number one (Boris Berezovsky - IF), noting that it should make us think "if we are not afraid of such
      destiny that can be in store for each of us even if we have very little money,
      connections and influence, but we work to reach it not less than the late
      politician from business and businessman from politics."

      "Too many of you
      use [sic] to think that really important in life is money, influence, connections,
      possibility to manage others' destinies, crowd of fans and co-workers. But a
      Christian, especially during the Great Lent, should remember: all this will not
      only ruin in one moment, but will never make us truly happy, especially if we
      live only for it," the author said.