17149Patriarchal greetings to His Beatitude Tikhon with his election Archbishop of Washington and Metropolitan of All America and Canada

    Nov 16, 2012
      http://www.mospat.ru/en/2012/11/16/news75787/

      Patriarchal greetings to His Beatitude Tikhon with his election
      Archbishop of Washington and Metropolitan of All America and Canada

      Print This Post <http://www.mospat.ru/en/2012/11/16/news75787/print/>

      16.11.2012 ยท Inter-Orthodox relations
      <http://www.mospat.ru/en/category/news/inter-orthodox-relations/>, New
      documents <http://www.mospat.ru/en/category/documents/>, Patriarchal
      Ministry <http://www.mospat.ru/en/category/news/patriarchal-ministry/>

      /His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia sent the
      following greeting to the new Primate of the Orthodox Church in America:/

      *HIS BEATITUDE TIKHON*

      *ARCHBISHOP OF WASHINGTON*

      *METROPOLITAN OF ALL AMERICA AND CANADA*

      Your Beatitude,

      dear Brother in the Lord:

      I congratulate you on your election to the primatial throne of the
      Archbishops of Washington, Metropolitans of All America and Canada.

      By the will of the plenitude of the Orthodox Church in America, a high
      responsibility has been placed on you for the future of the youngest
      Local Orthodox Church, which has experienced a difficult time in her
      history in recent years. I hope that through the efforts of Your
      Beatitude the American Church will restore full-fledged relations with
      other Local Orthodox Churches, restore peace and harmony within herself
      and make comfortable the further life of your predecessor at the
      Metropolitan See of Washington.

      I prayerfully wish that through the intercession of the great apostle of
      America, St. Tikhon the Patriarch of All Russia, the Lord Pantocrator
      will give you strength and wisdom as you will work in the difficult
      field of Primatial ministry.

      With brotherly love in the Lord,

      *+ KIRILL*

      *PATRIARCH OF MOSCOW AND ALL RUSSIA*