17026Fr. Vsevolod: "small people" aim to upset Patriarch's emotional balance

    Oct 15, 2012

      15 October 2012, 16:03
      Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin: "small people" aim to upset Patriarch's
      emotional balance

      Moscow, October 15, Interfax - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin, the head of
      the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations, believes there
      are people who aim to upset Patriarch Krill's emotional balance.

      "I will not name any names now. I think you don't even know them, they
      are very small people, but they are concerned about their role in
      history and they obviously plan to be in demand with the authorities,
      the West, or someone else sometime. Their aim is to reduce the patriarch
      to a serious physical breakdown or a psychological breakdown," the
      priest said in an interview with Snob magazine.

      Father Vsevolod said the Patriarch uses his mystical and religious
      feelings and is correctly reacting to "attempts to psychologically
      destabilize him."

      The priest said the Patriarch's ill-wishers "do not understand the
      psychology of religious people," although some of them "have "a certain
      distorted form of religious feelings." Father Vsevolod reiterated that
      the Patriarch's mind is cleared of all extraneous thought after a church
      service. "You can write for 10 hours 'We will kill you, we will cut your
      head off', but it doesn't affect him in any way," he said.

      "The Patriarch serves very emotionally. His service contradicts the
      Moscow tradition, the Athos impartiality. This impartiality sometimes
      turns into an 'I don't care' attitude. Kirill does things that were not
      accepted a mere five years ago. He reads secret prayers out loud that
      were considered a holy secret by several generations of the Moscow
      clergy. He gives a church service and all worldly things go away. This
      is the reason why he can't be reduced to a state of rage and breakdown,"
      the priest said.