11408Monastery Friends Sponsors Women's Retreat

  • Patricia Collins
    May 1, 2009

      <http://www.dosoca.org/latest_news.html> April 28

      (Dallas, TX) The Monastery Friends, the support group for the new
      Women's Monastery being established in North Texas and dedicated to The
      Nativity of Our Lord <http://monasteryfriends.org/> , is sponsoring a
      retreat for women on Saturday, May 9 at the Greek Isles Restaurant from
      1:00 to 3:00pm.

      The retreat will be led by Kathryn Saclarides a noted Orthodox
      missionary. Ms. Saclarides will speak on the topic - "My Anointed Ones:
      Our Calling to Service in the Church."

      Kathryn Saclarides has done missionary work around the world through
      different Orthodox organizations. She will give a presentation on living
      the Christian life beginning with prayer and continuing in active
      service by ministering to those around us in need. A question and answer
      period will follow Ms. Saclarides presentation.

      The Greek Isles restaurant <http://greekislesgrille.com/> located at
      3309 N. Central Expressway - Suite 370 Plano, TX 75023, will offer
      lunch after the retreat presentation. A donation of $25.00 for the
      retreat and lunch will also help support the monastery. Seating is
      limited so register early. For more information, email Monastery Friends
      at info@...