Re: [hocna] CHAT ROOM - ORTHODOX CHRISTIANS IN NON-CHRISTIAN WORLD

  • Fr Michael Azkoul
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2000
      Dear friends,
      Perhaps, I am naive, but it has always seemed to me that the Church has the
      answer to all questions that can be answered --- no matter how profound, no
      matter how provocative. Holy Writ tells us that the Scriptures are useful for
      all instruction. The Fathers give us direction. Listen carefully to the
      divine Services. Also, a person who knows what he/she believes, who, as they
      say, "stands for something," develops, thanks to the grace of God, an instinct
      for good and evil, true and false. No doubt, our attitudes and opinions will
      put us at odds with those whose mind-set is spiritually unconvivial. To be
      opposed by others, for Christ's sake, is a sure sign that we are headed in the
      right direction. It ought to be a maxim for Orthodox Christians that the
      desires, goals and manners of most people are to be avoided. We should follow
      the way shown us by the Lord and His Saints.
      Fr Michael Azkoul