Camping at Prophet Elias

    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2012

    Camping at Prophet Elias

    The mission of our Camping Program is to present young people a living experience of the Holy Orthodox Faith.  Campers pray together every morning, evening and at meals. Our small community of campers and staff live together in an uncluttered, natural environment. Camping enables them to experience Orthodoxy within a social environment of peers, caring staff and Spiritual Fathers.
    We seek to bring young people to:
    • A broadening of their Orthodox life
    • Develop Orthodox Christian values
    • An appreciation of God's creation and a concern for the environment
    • Growth in personal relationships and personal responsibility

    Today's children are overprotected and put into a comfort blanket. At Prophet Elias Camp, children leave their comfort zone and learn to become more independent, self-confident and resilient. Physical activity overcomes the narcosis of video games and smart-phones. Children at Prophet Elias Camp are always on the move. They develop a love for the outdoors. Sleeping outdoors in tents means that they are outdoors day and night.

    This year's program will run during the week of July 22 – 28. Space is limited to twenty campers from 8 to 15. For more information and photos visit:  http://orthodoxyinfo.org/StNektarios/St.NektariosGreekOrthodoxCathedralProphetElias.html  or reply to this email.

    Camp registration must be competed by July 8, 2012.
    Registration Form is attached.