His Beatitude, Archbishop Kallinikos of Athens and All Greece, to Visit the United States and Canada

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2011

      His Beatitude, Archbishop Kallinikos of Athens and All Greece, to Visit the United States and Canada

      His Beatitude, Archbishop Kallinikos of Athens and All Greece, will be arriving in New York on Thursday, September 29th (n.s.), 2011, at the beginning of his three-week visit to the United States and Canada. The Archbishop will be accompanied by Metropolitan Chrysostom of Attica and Bishop Christodoulos.  His Beatitude will preside over a meeting of the Eparchial Synod of North America on Saturday, October 1st (n.s). The Holy Eparchial Synod in America includes Their Eminences, Metropolitan Pavlos of North and South America and Metropolitan Moses of Portland and the Western United States, and Their Graces, Bishop Photios of Marathon, Bishop Christodoulos of Theoupolis and Bishop Sergios of Loch Lomond.
      On Saturday, October 1st, Great Vespers will be served in the Church of St. Isidoros in Bethpage, L.I. at 6:30 PM, and on Sunday, October 2nd at 8 AM, His Beatitude will be presiding over a hierarchical Divine Liturgy, concelebrating with the hierarchs of our Eparchial Synod, at the Cathedral of St. Markella in Astoria.
      Archbishop Kallinikos and his entourage will make a pastoral tour visiting the parishes and monasteries of the Church of the G.O.C. of America in New York, Montreal, Toronto, Portland, Chicago and Detroit.  His Beatitude will preside over the Toronto Orthodox Conference hosted by the parishes of St. Nektarios, Mother of God of Proussa in Toronto Canada from October 7th to the 10th (n.s.).  The Conference will also include the hierarchs of our Eparchial Synod. There will be talks and question and answer periods presented in both English and Greek.
      We hope that you will take these opportunities to meet His Beatitude as well as many others of our hierarchs, clergy, and faithful!