HOTCA Orthodox Program of Studies

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2011
      With the blessing of His Eminence Metropolitan Pavlos, we would like to announce the opening of the Hellenic Orthodox Traditionalist Church of America’s Orthodox Theological Institute, named after the Three Holy Hierarchs, St. John Chrysostom, St. Gregory the Theologian, and St. Basil the Great.

      It has been the long-desired goal of our Church to found a theological school, a place where the laity could learn more about the faith and young men can be trained for the priesthood.  The HOTCA Orthodox Program of Studies, offered under the auspices of our theological institute, is a step in that direction.  Though we are not a present an accredited institution, we provide students with a theological education founded upon close reading of primary texts. That is, rather than using conventional textbooks, we use the Holy Scriptures, the Fathers of the Church, lives of the saints, and liturgical texts. The students’ reading is then augmented by the lecture notes provided by the instructor. In this way, not only does the student come to understand theology in a strictly academic sense, but, what is more important, students are reading texts imbued with grace of the Most Holy Spirit. This approach helps to facilitate the true goal of any program of theological study, the acquisition of an Orthodox phronema, an Orthodox mindset. To get a better understanding of how this is done, please feel free to explore our website at http://www.3hierarchs.org or email the seminary staff at threehierarchsstaff@....

      THE STAFF