The Boston Schism

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 6:56 PM
      WHY WE ARE NOT PART OF THE BOSTON SCHISM

      1.) Metropolitan Ephraim's refusal to retract "Awake, Sleeper" in his Paschal Encyclical of 2011 for the sake of the unity of the Church. It is now seen as an official pronouncement of HOCNA.

      2.) The uncanonical expulsion of two bishops of the HOCNA Synod without a trial or due process; precedent having been set by the uncanonical expulsion of Metropolitan Moses from Seattle.

      3.) Refusal by the HOCNA Synod to grant a sobor or Great and Holy Synod meeting of bishops, clergy and lay-persons after repeated requests to discuss these issues.

      4.) The tacit and implied "autocephaly" of HOCNA from the Church of Greece to which we firmly adhere.

      We, who subscribe to the above remain where we have always been: we have not moved. Much more is at stake here then merely the "Awake, Sleeper".

      "The blood of martyrdom will not wash away the sin of schism". (St. Basil the Great)

      If we have not moved, who are the schismatics?

      Fr. David and Presbytera Justine Belden