Lecture - The Life in Christ and Life Eternal: An Examination of "Awake Sleeper"

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2011
    There will be a lecture entitled: The Life in Christ and Eternal Life, this Sunday, May 8 at the St. Nektarios Church Hall at 7:00pm.  This lecture will examine the doctrine of Posthumous Illumination as found in the Awake Sleeper series of articles.  The lecture will be followed by a question and answer session.
    I have attached 2 articles for those of you who want to know more about the controversy.

    Metropolitan Ephraim wrote the article On Soul-Sleep some time ago.  This older article is much different then the Awake Sleeper articles.  It can be found on Metropolitan Ephraim's web site.  The second article, Is now the Day of Salvation? has been written by Mr. Marc Guindon of our St. John of Kronstadt Parish in Florida.  The article is well researched, well written and presents the teaching of the Church.
    This lecture will provide all with an opportunity to learn more about what the Holy Scriptures and the Holy Fathers teach concerning Eternal Life and why Awake Sleeper is considered unorthodox.