A Garden that Grows Special Fruit

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2010
      Saint Athanasius tells us that the Psalter is a garden which grows special fruit. Among this special fruit is one that gives us the Grace to look into the Holy Psalms as one looks into a mirror and to see ourselves as we truly are.  When we neglect reading the Holy Psalms we deprive ourselves of this fruit and our heart is denied its saving Grace.

      Many people say that they can not understand the Psalms and that they need guidance so that they can benefit from these sacred songs.  In 1966 Fr. Lazarus Moore wrote a small article as an aid in understanding the Psalter.  This article is now available on our site in html and pdf form.  For both files, please click on: http://orthodoxyinfo.org/onthefaith.htm