Holy Week and Pascha Book

  • Fr. Panagiotes
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2009
      I would like to recommend this small but instructive book,  HOLY WEEK AND PASCHA by Euphemia Briere.  This book takes us through the period in the life of our Saviour from the raising of Saint Lazarus to the Resurrection, as reflected in the Divine Services of the Holy Orthodox Church. These beautiful and moving services draw together the Old Testament prophecies and the events which took place during that week into an experience and understanding of the passion of our Lord.  The significance of every day of Holy Week is explained in a simple manner.  Beautiful full-color icons and iconographic illustrations are found on every page.  This book is a treasure for Orthodox Christians of all ages.  Adults and children 10 years old and up can use this book as a first step in coming to a better understanding of the most significant week of the Ecclesiiastical year.  This book is now available at the St. Nektarios Bookstore in Toronto ($12.00 cdn.) and many other Orthodox bookstores.

      Pascha