Negligence in Matters of Faith

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2007
      The recent full union between Metropolitan Laurus of ROCOR and the Patriarchate of Moscow has once more shown what the outcome is of not holding on to the Faith of our Fathers.

      Those clergy and laity who followed Metropolitan Laurus, turned their backs on their spiritual father, Saint Philaret the New Confessor.  In their mania to join Putin’s KGB Church , the followers of Metropolitan Laurus have tossed aside Saint Philaret’s Sorrowful Epistles and his struggles against Ecumenism. The Patriarchate of Moscow unites itself in prayer with Buddhists, Moslems, Jews, Roman Catholics, Protestants and others whenever it is politically expedient.   Ecumenism is part of Putin’s foreign policy and Metropolitan Laurus’s group have become KGB spin-masters.

      Those members of ROCOR who did not follow Metropolitan Laurus have become spiritually disoriented and do not know which way to turn.

      This is all a result of years of neglecting the Apostolic Faith and following the path of expediency.

      What can we learn from this tragic outcome?

      All of us, clergy and laity, must reassess our vigilance in matters of the Faith.  Are our parishes depositories and greenhouses of the Faith?  Is the nurturing of the Faith our main activity?  Are we aware of the powerful currents that surround us and seek to sweep us away from the true path?

      We must learn that if we are not vigilant in the matters of the Faith and if we succumb to the temptation of maintaining only the physical organization of our parishes, then, one day, we too will follow the path of expediency.

      Our efforts should be focused on nurturing the life of prayer and the study of the Word of God.  We must make every effort to come together for prayer.  When we are absent from the services of the Church, we not only harm ourselves but we also weaken the foundation of our Church.  When we do not bring our children to Church School classes and when we neglect to attend instruction in the Faith, we not only deprive ourselves of spiritual nourishment but we also contribute to the deterioration of our parish’s ability to be the depository of the Faith.

      Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!