St. Gregory of Sinai Monastery - Update, October 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2006
      aint Gregory of Sinai Monastery
      Update
      October 2006
      www.gsinai.com

      Olive Oil
      The premier season of selling our extra virgin olive oil was a big success. We are now sold out and will not have any more olive oil available until 2007 when we bottle this year's harvest which is just starting to get under way. We will keep you informed via email and let you know when our 2007 olive oil is available.

      IkonTour
      The head of our Icon Workshop, Father Simon, is the tour guide for an upcoming tour of some of the major iconographic monuments in Greece. IkonTour will be held in April 2007. Space is limited to 20 people. All arrangements and bookings are being handled by Mary Lytle of Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church. Visit their website at www.sspp-tucson.org for more information and the complete itinerary.

      Icon Workshop Website
      For those of you interested in our iconography we would also like to point you towards the much improved and expanded Icon Workshop section of our website. Most of it has been completely reorganized and new content has been added, including many more photos. Especially important is an expanded section on the iconography of Leonid Ouspensky, the mentor of our studio. Make a visit, and then check back periodically as we have plans to continue to add more material. It is our hope that our website will serve to promote information about the tradition of icon painting and it's current practice.

      Greeting Cards
      As most of you know by now, we have licensed our line of greeting cards to St. Vladimir's Seminary Press (www.svspress.com). They have recently reprinted quite a few of our cards and are now selling them for Christmas this year. Please visit their website, or call them at 800-204-2665, to place your order. Be assured that by purchasing our cards from them, you are still benefitting the monastery, as we receive royalties on all sales.

      ----

      If you would like to be taken off of this email list then please respond to this email requesting to be removed. Thank you.

      Saint Gregory of Sinai Monastery
      8252 Harrington Flat Road
      Kelseyville, CA 95451
      www.gsinai.com