For Fear of the Dog

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2005
      On December 2nd, 2005, the Religious News Network in Greece published a report that the Greek Government will send the Foreign Office's Undersecretary, Panagiotes Skandalakis, to Mount Athos to look into the  Esphigmenou Monastery problem and seek a peaceful solution.

      This action follows a request from the monastic administrative council of Mt. Athos for the expulsion of the civil administrator of Mt. Athos. The monastic adminstrative council was angered by the fact that Mr. George Dalakouras did not do their bidding to use force against the fathers of Esphigmenou.

      I wondered why the Greek government was not doing the bidding of Patriarch Bartholomew until I read the U. S. State Department's Human Rights in Greece Report.  The State Department specifically mentions the human rights violations against the fathers of Esphigmenou.

      I guess for those who have no fear of God it is good to have the fear of the dog.

      Yahoo! Shopping