Pilgrimage to Greece

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2005
      On September 12, 2005 I will be leading a pilgrimage to Greece.  First we will fly from Toronto to Thessaloniki in northern Greece, where for three days we will trace the footsteps of St. Paul and visit the first places in Europe to be visited by St. Paul.  The Epistles to the Thessalonians and Philippians will come alive for us.  We will visit the site where St. Paul baptized St. Lydia, the first person baptized in Europe. In Thessaloniki we will visit the place of the martyrdom of St. Demetrios and the Church of St. Gregory Palamas to venerate his holy relics.  While in Northern Greece we will visit  at least another dozen churches and monasteries.

      From Thessaloniki we will travel south and stop at Veria, then on to Meteora to the Monasteries miraculously perched on top of unbelievable  tower-like rock formations.

      We continue our pilgrimage and stop at the Monastery of Osios Loukas to venerate his holy relics and also to view some of the most beautiful mosaic ikons in all of Greece.

      From there we will go to St. John the Russian and Athens where for three days we will visit the many churches and monasteries of the area.  We will spend one day on the island of Aegina, where after we venerate the holy relics of St. Nektarios we will be able to visit the skete of Elder Ieronymos and other holy sites on the island.

      When we leave Athens we will go to Corinth and after visiting various churches and monasteries near Corinth and Tripoli, continue south all the way to Mistras.  This ancient town which has been well preserved contains some of the most beautiful churches of the Paleologian era.

      On September 21st we will return to Athens and everyone will be able to return to his or her home at a date they choose.  The return portion of the Olympic Airlines ticket will be valid for another three months.

      The price of $2,820Cdn. includes the airfare, hotels, transfers, bus, boat to Aegina, entrance fees, taxes and breakfast.

      The Pilgrimage is limited to 50 participants and will be on a first come first served basis.

      If you are interested and need more information please do not hesitate to contact me.

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Make Yahoo! your home page