Fwd: Esphigmenou Monastery updates and new online meeting place for Orthodox

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005

      "Chrys P." <chrysp@...> wrote:
      From: "Chrys P."
      To: "Fr. Panagiotes Carras"
      Subject: Esphigmenou Monastery updates and new online meeting place for Orthodox
      Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 12:59:09 -0500

      Fr. Peter,

      Evlogeite!

      Just wanted to update you on some things, I hope you can forward this to the
      Toronto Metropolis email list and to the HOCNA Synod email list:

      1. According to the www.esphigmenou.com website, Greece's highest
      administrative court has set a date of January 18, 2005 to issue its final
      decision on the Holy Monastery of Esphigmenou at Mount Athos (Agion Oros),
      Greece. I'm not sure how valid this information is, but it might be a good
      idea for some individuals to send out some refresher emails, letters, and
      phone calls to those authorities who can make a positive difference for the
      Fathers. A list of appropriate people to contact can be found on
      www.EsphigmenouMonastery.com (under the "Support" button).

      2. Due to a technical change occuring at Rogers (my internet service
      provider), I was required to move the www.EsphigmenouMonastery.com website
      to a new location (Yahoo). I've had some technical problems transferring
      the Slavic/Serbian pages, and require anyone that reads/speaks the language
      to proof read the material just in case there was data corruption.

      3. I have put together a new online bulletin board website for zealot (Old
      Calendarist) Orthodox Christians, located at www.OrthodoxDiscussions.com.
      Its a pilot project, and geared towards those who have questions to ask
      regarding our Faith (from possible new converts and youth, to more
      developed/advanced sections), where people can meet and help each other out
      in their spiritual development. In addition, its an informational database
      where articles that deal with Orthodoxy can be archived and posted for
      reference/reading purposes. Please spread the word to all those that might
      be interested.

      In Christ,
      Chrys P.

      Do you Yahoo!?