Books for children and young people

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004

      Saint Nektarios parish in Toronto, in its attempt to help parents and teachers instruct our children in the Faith, has published its third catechetical workbook, God is the Lord.

      It leads the student to understand the Providence of God and the preparation of the Chosen People for the Incarnation of the Son of God.  In thirty lessons it shows the student how the Son of God was with the Hebrew People in the Old Testament.  There are questons and iconographic illustrations for 30 lessons as well as a  guide for parents and teachers.  Suggested for students in grades 4 - 6.

      Also available is The Treasure of the Kingdom of Heaven.  Based on the writings of St. John Chrysostom and the Synaxarion, it explains selected parables of our Lord and the Sunday Gospels of the Triodion and Pentecostarion. There are iconographic illustrations for
      28 lessons and a 2-page guide of the book. A straightforward guide to an Orthodox understanding of the Parables and the great period of our Lord�s work of salvation!  Suggested for students in grades 7 -9.

      The third in the series, The People of God is for teen and adult instruction. Presents a brief overview of the major events in the history of the Church from Adam and Eve to Communism and Ecumenism. Includes a 3-page time line, a 2-page guide, maps, illustrations, and questions for each of the 23 lessons. The history is written in context with the lives of the Saints and the teachings of the Church. Includes review questions.

      These workbooks are available at St. Nectarios Bookstore, Seattle; St. Mark of Ephesus Bookstore, Boston and St. Nektarios Bookstore, Toronto.

      Do you Yahoo!?