Preparing for the anti-christ

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14 3:21 PM
      There are many powerful magnets that pull at our hearts to separate us from our Lord.  The more attention we pay to these distractions the more we diminish our struggle to obtain The One Thing Needful.   The voice of the Church should be distinct and clear about our tendency to forget that we are simply passing through this world and that we are not citizens of this world.  We have grown accustomed to the Protestant and Roman Catholic voices which glorify the world and have turned the Gospel of our Lord into a Social Gospel which can encompass both war and homosexuality.   The heresy of the Social Gospel has infiltrated the new-calendar churches to the extent that the Church of Greece is dedicating a series of activities to the 2004 Olympic Games.

      The Emperor of Constantinople, Theodosius the Great, banned the pagan  Olympic Games in 394 but today the Church of Greece blesses them.  The same spirit which inspires the Church of Greece to glorify the Olympics is the same spirit that inspired Jim and Tammy Faye Baker to preach their version of the comfortable Christian life..  The Church of Greece has even come up with an ikon for the Olympics.  When the Faith is lost, then we start looking for something else to put our hope.
      Olympic