Metropolitan Ephraim

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2004
      We have received inquiries regarding visitations to Metropolitan Ephraim.

      Metropolitan Ephraim has therapy scheduled every day, twice a day and also an exercise program to follow daily. Dr. Marsh has been consulted and it is felt that at this time visits should be 'put on hold' in order to allow the Metropolitan to reserve his strength.

      The e-mails that have been received are greatly appreciated. Please continue sending your messages for Metropolitan Ephraim to Presbytera Victoria  at vikkif@....

      Thank you for your continued prayers.

      In Christ,
      Protodeacon Demetrios Houlares
      Chancellor

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2004
        The following update on Metropolitan Ephraim's health has been given to us by our medical consultant, Dr. Edward Marsh.

        Metropolitan Ephraim received a good report from his  neurologist on Thursday, January 22nd. He has made  good progress in recovering since
        his stroke on  Nativity.  His intellect, which was never significantly affected, is perfect, and his speech has nearly returned to normal.  His Eminence has some limitations in his right leg and in the use of his right hand; both of which have been the focus of outstanding volunteer therapists who have been working with him.  He will now add to his regimen a  more formal series of occupational and physical therapy visits, both at St. Elizabeth's and at the  Monastery. These activities are very tiring.  Although his endurance improves daily, Metropolitan Ephraim requires much time for rest and reflection.  As we wish to emphasize the therapies, we continue to ask that he be spared the fatigue which would  result from visits by his many concerned and caring faithful. We will find appropriate occasions for people to meet with Metropolitan Ephraim and receive his blessing as he gains strength."