NEW CATECHETICAL BOOK

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2003
      The St. Nektarios Parish of Toronto has published another of our Church School books for instruction in the Orthodox Faith.

      The Treasure of the
      Kingdom of Heaven, by Presvytera Roberta Carras, guides the student through the Parables of our Lord and the Gospel readings of the Triodion and Pentecostarion.  It is based on the writings of St. John Chrysostom as well as the Synaxarion.  This book contains twenty-eight lessons suitable for teen and adult instruction, with questions at the end of each lesson.  It contains abundant line illustrations as well as black and white ikons.  Suitable for use in Church Schools for older students or by parents that wish to instruct their children.  It can also be read alone by  those who wish an elementary guide to the understanding of Orthodox exegesis of the New Testament.

      The Treasure of the Kingdom of Heaven can be ordered online from  St. Nektarios Press, http://www.stnectariospress.com/catalog/new.htm.

      It can also be found at St. Mark of Ephesus Bookstore in Boston and St. Nektarios Bookstore in Toronto.