Feast at Holy Nativity of the Theotokos Orthodox Church Portland, OR

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002

      Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 1:52 PM

      Hello Father Panagiotes,

      Here are the pictures from our parish Feast at Holy Nativity of the Theotokos Orthodox Church POrtland, OR
      John, sinner and reader
      (or the salty Psalti)

      PORTLAND PARISH CELEBRATES FEASTDAY

      On September 19, MEtropolitan MOSES arrived in Portland, OR for the celebration of it's Altar Feast -the Nativity of the Most Holy Theotokos.  We celebrated Vespers that evening and the Metropolitan was in attendance for the Liturgy for the Forefeast the following morning.  That evening the solemn Vigil was served for the Feast with His Eminence serving at the Litya (see jpg 2 and 3).  The morning of the Feast, a hierarchical Divine Liturgy was served with our Rector, Fr. Constantine Parr and Abbot Sergios from St. Gregory of Sinai Monastery in CA concelebrating.  The highlight of this service was a procession around the Church and the blessing of the new Crosses that were made by choirmember George Psaromatis (see jpg #4).  A banquet was served following the Liturgy.

      That evening the Metropolitan was in attendance for our normal Saturday Vigil and served Hierarchical Divine Liturgy the following morning.  His Eminence commented that he was edified by the whole weekend of services and was inspired by the work done to beautify our Temple.  Mind you His Eminence served the whole weekend on a sprained ankle and many epsom salt breaks between services.

      the pictures:
      1 -a wide angle of the Temple
      2.  and 3 -the Litya of the Feast
      4 choirmember George Psaromatis elevating the Holy Cross on the roof)
      5 the choir of Holy Nativity -to the right of the clergy -John Peter Presson, choirmaster, Photios Cooper, and George Psaromatis -to the clergy's left Mary Psaromatis, Katie Parr, Juliana Ashling, Lela George, and Nina Parr
      6. As many of the parishioners that could be crammed into a picture.

      Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN. Click Here