[hocna] THE SPIRITUAL STATE OF NORTH AMERICA

  • Peter Carras
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 1999
      THE FOLLOWING PRAYER OF A PROTESTANT MINISTER REVEALS A LOT ABOUT THE
      SPIRITUAL CONFUSION OF NORTH AMERICANS

      > When minister Joe Wright was asked to open the new session of the
      Kansas State Senate, everyone was expecting the usual
      politically-correct generalities, but what they heard instead was a
      stirring prayer, passionately calling our country to repentance and
      righteousness. The response was immediate. A number of legislators
      walked out during the prayer in protest.

      > In six short weeks, the Central Christian Church had logged more
      than 5,000 phone calls with only 47 of those calls responding
      negatively. The church is now receiving international requests for
      copies of the prayer from India, Africa and Korea.

      > Commentator PAUL HARVEY aired the prayer on The Rest of the
      Story on the radio and received a larger response to this program than
      any other he has ever aired !!

      THE PRAYER

      > Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask Your
      forgiveness and to seek Your direction and guidance.
      > We know Your Word says, "Woe on those who call evil good," but
      that's exactly what we have done. We have lost our spiritual
      equilibrium and reversed our values.
      > We confess that:
      > We have ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it
      pluralism.
      > We have worshiped other gods and called it multi-culturalism.
      > We have endorsed perversion and called it an alternative
      lifestyle.
      > We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery.
      > We have neglected the needy and called it self-preservation.
      > We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare.
      > We have killed our unborn children and called it a choice.
      > We have shot abortionists and called it justifiable.
      > We have neglected to discipline our children and called it
      building self-esteem.
      > We have abused power and called it political savvy.
      > We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it
      ambition.
      > We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and
      called it freedom of expression.
      > We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and
      called it enlightenment.
      > Search us, O God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us from
      every sin and set us free. Guide and bless these men and women who
      have been sent to direct us to the center of Your will.

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/hocna