The Communion of Saints

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2001
      The Communion of Saints - Saint Dorotheos of Gaza.

      Suppose that this circle is the world, and that the center of the circle
      is God. Leading from the edge of the circle to its center are a number
      of lines, and these represent the paths or ways of life that men can
      follow. In their desire to draw near to God, the saints advance along
      these lines towards the middle of the circle, so that the further they
      go, the nearer they approach to one another as well as to God. The
      closer they come to God, the closer they come to one another; and the
      closer they come to each other, the closer they come to God ... such is
      the nature of love: the nearer we draw to God in our love for him, the
      more we are united together by love for our neighbor; and the greater
      our union with our neighbor, the greater our union with God.

      Taken from St. Dorotheus of Gaza, Instructions.