Fr. Ioasapf reposes

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2001
      Today at our monastery, we had another repose, after the recent repose
      of Fr. Gabriel. Fr Ioasaph, 99 years old, reposed today around 7:00AM.
      Fr Ioasaph was a very special and holy man who had met many holy people
      during his lifetime such as St Nectarios of Pentapolis, and countless
      saintly elders of the Holy Mountain. He lived on Mount Athos for many
      years, particularly in the desert where he cultivated the fruits of the
      Holy Spirit through asceticism, humility and obedience. He also was
      deemed worthy to behold the Cross in the sky over the church of St John
      the Theologian outside of Athens in 1925. We thank God that we were
      deemed worthy to serve him during his last year in this earthly and
      temporal life. May his memory be eternal.

      Father Demetrius
      orders@...
      Holy Transfiguration Monastery