Monasteries in Palestine

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2001
      Biblical Archaeology has many interesting online articles. The
      November/December issue has a very interesting article on the Monastery
      of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem. Although this article is written for a
      secular readership it is an excellant reference for Orthodox
      Christians. It can be found at:
      http://www.biblicalarchaeology.com/barnd01/monastery1.html

      An older issue has an article on the 60+ monasteries discovered in
      Palestine. When Chitty wrote his "The Desert a City" in 1966 he was
      aware of only 25 monasteries. This article can be found at:
      http://www.biblicalarchaeology.com/barso95/desert.html
    • Katherine Gill
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2002
        Re: Above message

        Fr. Peter:

        I clicked on the website and received a message that
        the page is not available.

        Please confirm that it is correct. I would like to
        download the information.

        Thanks,
        Katherine

        --- "Fr. Panagiotes Carras" <pcarras@...>