Satan's Meeting (read even if you're busy)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2001
      Satan called a worldwide convention of demons. In his opening address
      he said, "We can't keep Christians from going to church." "We can't
      keep them from reading their Bibles and knowing the truth." "We can't
      even keep them from forming an intimate relationship with their
      savior."

      "Once they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is
      broken." "So let them go to their churches; let them have their covered
      dish dinners, but steal their time, so they don't have time to develop
      a relationship with Jesus Christ."

      "This is what I want you to do", said the devil: "Distract them from
      gaining hold of their Savior and maintaining that vital connection
      throughout their day!"

      "How shall we do this?" his demons shouted.

      "Keep them busy in the nonessentials of life and invent innumerable
      schemes to occupy their minds," he answered. "Tempt them to spend,
      spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow."

      Persuade the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to
      work 6-7 days each week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their
      empty lifestyles."

      "Keep them from spending time with their children." "As their families
      fragment, soon, their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of
      work!"

      "Over-stimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still, small
      voice."

      "Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive."

      "To keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in their home
      and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays music
      constantly." "This will jam their minds and break that union with
      Christ."

      "Fill the coffee tables with magazines and newspapers." "Pound their
      minds with the news 24 hours a day." "Invade their driving moments with
      billboards." "Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order
      Catalogs, sweepstakes, and every kind of newsletter and promotional
      offering free products, services and false hopes."

      "Keep skinny, beautiful models on the magazines and TV so their
      husbands will believe that outward beauty is what's important, and
      they'll become dissatisfied with their wives."

      "Keep the wives too tired to love their husbands." "Give them headaches
      too!" "If they don't give their husbands the love they need, they will
      begin to look elsewhere." "That will fragment their families quickly!"

      "Give them Santa Claus to distract them from teaching their children the
      real meaning of Christmas." "Give them an Easter bunny so they won't
      talk about his resurrection and power over sin and death." "Even in
      their recreation, let them be excessive." "Have them return from their
      recreation exhausted." "Keep them too busy to go out in nature and
      reflect on God's creation."

      "Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, plays, concerts, and
      movies instead." "Keep them busy, busy, busy!" And when they meet for
      spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they
      leave with troubled consciences."

      "Crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek
      power from Jesus." "Soon they will be all working in their own
      strength, sacrificing their health and family for the good of the
      cause."

      "It will work!" "It will work!"

      It was quite a plan! The demons went eagerly to their assignments
      causing Christians everywhere to get more busy and more rushed, going
      here and there.

      Having little time for their God or their families. Having no time to
      tell others about the power of Jesus to change lives.

      I guess the question is has the devil been successful at his scheme?
      You be the judge! Does "busy" mean:

      B-eing
      U-nder
      S-atan's
      Y-oke?

      Please pass this on, if you aren't too BUSY!