Re: [hocna] Spiritual Words.

  • Fr Michael Azkoul
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23 7:20 AM
      Dear friends,
      Wondeerful words, but Clement of Alexandria was not a saint. He belonged to
      the same school of thought as the notorious heretic, Origen of Alexandria. I
      have never found his name on any Orthodox calendar, neither in any menaion.
      Fr Michael

    • marksadek@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2003
        Christ Is Risen! Truly He Is Risen!

        "Do all in your power not to fall, for the strong athlete should not fall.
        But if you do fall, get up again at once and continue the contest. Even if you
        fall a thousand times because of the withdrawal of God's grace, rise up again
        each time, and keep on doing so until the day of your death. For it is written,
        'For a righteous man may fall seven times' - that is, repeatedly throughout
        his life - seven times 'And rise again' (Prov. 24:16)."

        St. John of Karpathos.

        "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a
        contrite spirit." Psalm 34:18

        Prayer Requests:

        Please remember Peter Demian in your prayers. Peter remains in critical
        condition following the tragedy that took the lives of 5 Coptic youth in California.

        Please remember in your prayers the 5 Coptic youth that have lost their lives
        in a car accident on their way to St. Anthony Monastery in California. Also,
        please remember those who were injured and the families in your prayers.

        Please remember me in your prayers.
        Esther - Intestinal problems
        Hakim Shahata - Critical condition in a coma at the hospital.
        Nick Sarris - Will be undergoing a serious and complicated surgery for cancer
        this Friday, May 2nd. Nick is scheduled to start chemotherapy and radiation
        treatments over the next 6 months.
        Fr. Augustine - Cancer in his leg and may need to have an amputation. God has
        allowed Father Augustine a successful operation without the need for
        amputation.
        Sue S. - Advanced Cancer
        Duff H.- Infection. He has recovered :)
        Mina Aziz - Cancer
        Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
        Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
        Caroline Kamal and her family - Caroline recently lost her father.
        Shafika Guirgis - kidney failure
        Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes
        Jean Dallin - Neurological back problems
        Therese - Emotional problems
        Ryan - Behavioral problems. Little Ryan is possibly going back into
        mainstream school.
        Reggie - Cancer
        Detra - Stress related health problems
        Walter Jr. - Cancer. Walter is doing well with the chemotherapy and radiation
        treatments.
        Walter Sr. - Depression.
        Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
        Barbara - Depression & legal & financial problems.
        Helen - Multiple health problems & depression.
        Please pray for Madeline who has metastatic breast cancer.
        Please pray for Cuba Plain who has cancer that is high up in the breast. She
        is a mother of 3, ages 15, 12, and 7.
        Please pray for Gabrielle Brewer who is pregnant with a potentially serious,
        life-threatening illness for the developing baby.
        Please remember Jessica in your prayers. Jessica is 15 years old suffering
        from brain cancer.
        Please remember Daniel who is 14 years old and has cancer in your prayers.
        Daniel is in a serious condition and is getting very weak. He is the only child
        to his parents. Because of your prayers, Daniel is responding well to his
        medication and is getting better both physically and psychologically. Please
        continue to pray for him and his family as they lost his mother unexpectedly.
        Please remember Suzanne Hanna in your prayers.
        Please remember Shwaki Ghobrial in your prayers.
        Please remember Zouhair Macktaby in your prayers. Zouhair is suffering from
        stomach cancer.
        Please remember Hanan Shawki in your prayers. Hanan has a brain tumor and she
        is a mother of two young Kids. Because of your prayers, Hanan is doing much
        better.
        Please remember Magdy Wadi in your prayers. Magdy has a brain tumor.
        Please remember John Rittel in your prayers. John has cancer of the lymph
        node and voice box.
        Please remember Ibtesam Hweamel in your prayers.
        Please remember our brother John in your prayers. John had a brain tumor
        removed recently. He is a young servant with 4 young kids. John is getting better.
        Please pray for the unemployed to find jobs.

        Please pray for the peace of the world.